Rare and fascinating films of Ocean Liners from the 20th century.
The British Pathe collection of films is one of the largest archives.
This is a presentation of some of the most famous newsreels from their ocean liner collection.
* Aquitania at Liverpool 1914
* RMS Queen Mary in various films including a colour film of the liner arriving at the King George V dry-dock in Southampton
* Aerial views of six liners in port in 1931
* New liner Canberra
* Travel film of the Union Castle liner Transvaal Castle
* Kaiser Wilhelm in Southampton with Majestic and Bremen in the Floating Dock at Southampton – this includes scenes of the Berengaria
* Britannic launching and fitting out at Belfast 1914
* United States first arrival in Southampton and Blue Riband record
* Oriana being launched at Barrow and fitted out 1959
* Queen Elizabeth in wartime grey in Table Bay
* Troopships including Dunera
* Normandie films from first services to fire and capsize in New York
* Opening of the Ocean Terminal at Southampton in 1950
* Queen Elizabeth grounded off Calshot and last departure from Southampton in 1968
* Launch of Canberra and trials in service
* L’Atlantique on fire at sea and 1969 films of QE2 on trials and a royal visit.
DVD – 60 minutes duration